A true friend is one soul in two bodies- Aristotle.
Two years ago today, “The Last” was released. What a coincidence that a few weeks ago, one groggy morning, a new revelation about the short randomly came to me as I laid in bed. In the video, I listed out 5 “loves” that influenced the man… but I missed one.
The truth is, I did consider it as I was finishing the script, but left it out on purpose, thinking that it didn’t fit with the structure and the message. But I was wrong.
Who, What, When, Where, Why I love… those are all reactive. Each of those happened to him. They each existed and he took what he wanted. That is the whole angle of the short. The 5 loves, these 5 women, and who/what/when/where/why they affected me. But “How” is totally different. “How” is the way in which I reciprocate. It’s active. It’s what we do together
View original post 391 more words
The man sitting on the exam table rubbed his finger slowly across his nose as he listened to me talking about his cholesterol and 10 year cardiovascular risk.
Why does he keep doing that?
I quickly rubbed my finger across my own nostrils.
Is there a hair sticking out? It has been a while since I last trimmed my nose hair…
He did it again.
Is he trying to tell me something?
I rub again. This time harder.
Oh my gosh! I have a nose booger. One of those dry crusties. I can feel it stuck inside my nose. What if it comes loose?
I try not to breath hard. I don’t want to dislodge it.
Then he rubs his nose again!
I rub my nose.
He touches his gingerly, circling each nostril.
Oh, lord help me! It IS hanging out isn’t it?
I twitch my nose.
He twitches his…
View original post 26 more words
Today I’m beat. School is quite stressful. Thankful that next week I have a half week of school.
I decided to revisit an old post and write an updated version of it.
It was part of the 30 day blogging challenge I did in December and you can read it here.
I’m not very fluent in normal english today because I have been thinking in medical terms all day.
‘Put your ipod or any music device you have on shuffle and write down the first ten songs that come on.’
1. Don’t Let Me Go by RAIGN from the official soundtrack of The Vampire Diaries. Awesome and haunting.
2. The One That Never Comes by Asa. Awesome song. Asa just gets better and better with each album.
3. You Are by Kathryn Ostenberg from the soundtrack of Witches of East End.
4. Intro (RISE) by TaeYang. Hurray for K-pop and hot K-pop stars that can actually sing in English.
5. Maybe by Birdy. I knew if I waited long enough, I’d have a Birdy song come up.
6. Tomorrow by Tablo and TaeYang. More K-pop and Tablo Ahjussi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Grow up by Paramore. Enough said.
8. Dressed in Black by Sia. Sia!!!!!!
9. Dear Mom and Dad by Us The Duo.
10. No a Pedir Pardon by Ana Gabriel. Opening credit song to the Mexican telenovela Catalina and Sebastian.
Bonus track- Don’t Let Me Go by Bad Wolf on Youtube
Peace, Love and Good Music
1. Play dead. Before you laugh and say “that won’t work” have you actually tried it? Seriously, fall down and don’t move. Even if she yells your name or pokes at you with her high heel. Just pretend like it is nap time.
2. Start to pray. I normally look at them and indicate they are supposed to join in… and keep shooting astonished looks that they aren’t.
3. Keep saying “I love you” till they stop talking. It will work. Have faith.
4. Counter everything they say with a bad adage about some sport they hate. Women absolutely hate when we do sports analogies and it is enjoyable to see them squirm.
5. Yell “That’s right I forgot to do that thing!” and run out the door… you may want to wait a few hours before returning. Possibly with some flowers.
6. Tell her suddenly that Bill has died…
View original post 155 more words
I’m sitting under the shade after having bawled my eyes out because I just failed a test on stuff I know and can probably recite in my sleep. I think this qualifies as having jit rock bottom. I feel so dirty and like the scum of the earth right now. I’m still crying as I write this because I don’t have the strength to get up and go home.
I am tempted to get drunk, but my father is coming to see me and I can’t show up to meet him shitfaced. He’ll skin me alive and carry my corpse back to Nigeria with his bare hands.
I dont know how to feel, because I’m usually doing the consoling and I feel like people would look at me in disdain at being less-than-perfect.
This is by far the shittiest week I’ve had. I have never studied this much before and it all went to the dogs. I’m going to stare at the fountain in the park and read a novel.
I feel like such a disgrace.
This needs to be said more often
“I want to be taken seriously dammit!”
Her skin is fair, her face, neck, and breasts, the same skin tone. If her blouse were cut any wider, her nipples would escape. Once, she told me with pride that she didn’t need a bra. I want to use my hands to verify, but I check this irrational impulse and listen to her instead.
“I mean who stumbles over cleavage, right? That’s just like . . . soooo eighties!” She flicks her bangs and sucks her lemon ice tea, her every movement a pirouette in seduction.
“Right,” I reply, aware that almost every eye in the restaurant is on us, on her, as they have been ever since she walked in. Tall and lithe, like cat woman, could she be unaware of her magnetism? Or does her power lie in contrived innocence?
I let her lead, the conversation that is, but…
View original post 726 more words
How we met: Lawrence
It was 7:30pm and I was sleeping over at a hotel after a business meeting. I was bored sick in my room so I stepped out and went to the lounge. However, there were a lot of people there. Apparently, there was going to be some comedy show that night at the hotel and the people had arrived and were waiting. I had no interest in comedy. In fact, the business meeting went very badly and I was in a very sober mood. So, I stepped outside and sat by the pool.
About 10 minutes after I got there, I heard the sound of little feet shuffling towards me. I looked in that direction and saw a little boy of about 6 years coming with a huge water gun. When he got to my side, he asked politely, ‘Can I sit beside you?’ I was…
View original post 1,275 more words
Guys, be nice to your doctors, because med school is no joke.
This week, I had a test and it was good, but next week I have two. Great. And the second is Anatomy. I’m so thrilled. Not.
Anyway, I haven’t really done anything this week but study for my test and Avery is being very mean to me.
Haha, Avery :p
Right now I’m listening to Come Back Home by 2NE1 in preparation for my school day.
I have labs for 5 hours ;( ;(
Also, on Sunday, I’m sniging on a stage (in church) after 3 years. Wish me luck.
Life is slowly catching up to me.
Peace, Love and Hot Chocolate.